The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- A strong leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Someone able to present complex ideas simply to a wider audience
- Solid experience with data collection and analysis
- A fast and critical thinker with superb attention to detail
What you’ll do
- Work with all stakeholders of the school (staff, students, graduates and the local community) to design and measure impact
- Design and implement the next Strategic Plan of the school
- Develop and implement procedures for the Social Impact team
What we’re looking for
- Minimum Bachelor in Monitoring and Evaluation, Program Management, Business Administration or other relevant degree
- Someone who designed and implemented a Strategic Plan
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, preferably in an international NGO
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- Motivated self-starter with excellent attention to detail
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania.
- A local wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks.
- International Employees Benefits Package including: housing benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion incentives.
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days).
- 28 days annual leave per 12 month period (pro-rated for contracts less than 12 months).
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees.
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
International applicants are highly encouraged to apply. You must be willing to relocate to Arusha, Tanzania for a minimum 24 month commitment.