It's an exciting time to be part of our journey. You may have noticed we've changed our name from Aftercare to Stride.
We are leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on our next stage, join us to make a difference. We're here to Stride.
- Based in Seven Hills
- Full-time & Permanent
- Excellent Base salary plus super
- Plus Salary Packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!!)
- Plus meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!!
- Leave loading at 17.5%
- Parental Leave
- Company rewards scheme
- Excellent training and development
- Supportive team environment
- This is an exciting position for a passionate and experienced leader to work across two of Stride's youth residential services.
- Work in close partnership with the Service Manager to provide leadership, practice development and mentoring sessions to a team of youth residential support workers.
- Day to day delivery of excellence in quality care provision.
- Facilitate and monitor the integration and coordination of care of clients.
- Operational management of a team of Residential Support Workers including disciplinary measures and grievance, recruitment and selection, personal career development, statutory and mandatory training, and delegating as appropriate.
- Provide high-level service input and advice to Stride staff and other stakeholders, ensuring high standards of client care at all times.
- Monitors and reviews the systems and processes used in Client Services. The collected information is used to analyse service delivery outcomes and to enhance the effectiveness of support for persons with a mental illness.
- This role involves an on-call component. May also include weekend and shift work when required.
- Relevant qualification within a human services discipline (Ideally a completed Degree or Diploma)
- Ideally a minimum of two years experience as a Leader within a residential setting
- Demonstrated expertise in the management of a service delivery team including consultation and engagement with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in working within a residential recovery and resilience-based model
- Experience and skills in working with young people experiencing mental illness
- Demonstrated capacity to relate to clients and other stakeholders with dignity and respect
- Ability to think and act calmly and deal sensitively with distressed people
- Commitment to professional development and willingness to participate in training as required
- Proficiency in use of computer and Microsoft office
- You must hold a current drivers license
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. This includes but is not limited to people with a lived-experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt.