- SCHCADS Award Level 3 , hourly rates from $34.04 + super + salary packaging
- Generous salary packaging tax-free benefits| increases take home pay.
- Hybrid way of working: Woolloomooloooffice & WFH.
- Flexibility on working days and pattern of hours
Rewarding and dynamic role answering the Vinnies assist line dealing with a range of diverse and sometimes challenging calls. You will be delivering vital intake, and referral services to all incoming & outgoing enquiries across all directorates of the Society. You will be joining a small and supportive team, with great learning and development programs and clear pathways to internal progression.
- Provide quality customer service/emotional support to clients through phone conversation & facilitate the referrals internally and externally to appropriate services.
- Provide information, intake, referral services and actively refer to our internal specialist services across NSW, in accordance with SHS Practice Guidelines, NDIS Guidelines and Health Guidelines.
- Provide interactions which are culturally appropriate & consistent with trauma informed care practices.
- Maintain and update information in the Society's databases including all administrative tasks associated with assessment and referral.
- Ensure all caller interactions are delivered in a client focused, socially inclusive, non-judgemental manner.
To be successful, you will need:
- Minimum Certificate III in Community Services or other related discipline, or relevant experiences in Community Services, Disability, Aged Care, Drug & Alcohol, Welfare.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting people in crisis and the ability to use sound judgement and/or own lived experiences.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and show emotional intelligence with your responses/reactions.
- Good written and oral communication skills, including good interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to relate positively and confidently with a wide range of people over the phone.
- Demonstrated flexibility and responsiveness when dealing with clients with challenging behaviours.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work independently and unsupervised.
- St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment
- Experience or knowledge of drug/alcohol rehabilitation, mental health, homelessness, domestic violence, disability, welfare and other related community services
If this sounds like you, don't wait - apply now, we are interviewing applications as we receive them. Submit your application with a resume and cover letter which addresses the key requirements of the position description.
Information on how to apply.
If you have questions about this role, please email Lissa Votano on email@example.com on quote: Vinnies Assist Information & Referral Officer VIN2821.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society's commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.