- Type: Multiple Full Time positions available, 12-month fixed-term contract
- Location: Based in Logan, Southport or Morayfield providing outreach to Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Metro North and Metro South QLD
- Remuneration: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Award 2010 (Level 5) + full salary packaging options available.
Founded in 1970, the Ted Noffs Foundation offers young people the support and opportunities to reach their full potential.
Noffs is looking for multiple Adolescent and Family Counsellors to provide counselling service across multiple locations to vulnerable young people aged 12-25 with, or at risk of alcohol or other drug-related difficulties. The successful candidate will assist young people in rebuilding their relationships with their families and other significant people in their lives and to manage their lives more effectively.
This role is attached to the Street University, an innovative youth driven space that engages at risk young people through a range of educational, recreational, cultural and art-based programs. The counsellors will provide clinical support within this environment and within an outreach setting.
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide individual counselling as required.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of each young person.
- Actively maintain contact with young people in the service as appropriate.
- Deliver early intervention and prevention strategies.
- Encourage and support young people to develop and implement strategies aimed at reducing and/or ceasing drug use.
- Ensure young people have proper representation and access to all services they may require.
- Arrange community networking for a young person to encourage positive interactions in a safe and supportive environment.
- Liaise effectively with referrers, service providers and/or family and carers to ensure the best service for our young people.
- Maintain accurate records, statistics and reports.
- Expectation to work in an outreach setting to the catchment areas and within the home base.
- Willingness to engage young people through soft entry techniques.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications e.g. psychology, counselling, social work.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with young people between the ages of 12-25yo.
- Ability to operate in an outreach setting.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and as a practitioner with minimal supervision.
- Strong personal and interpersonal boundaries.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to the principles of harm minimisation and to the aims of the Ted Noffs Foundation.
- Must hold and maintain a cleared QLD Blue Card and a current Driver License (provisional license minimum).
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Experience in the drug and alcohol sector.
- Registration or eligible for membership with AHPRA or other professional association.
- Minimum 2 years direct counselling experience.
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
For further information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Adolescent & Family Counsellors QLD enquiry via EthicalJobs. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please note that rolling interviews may be performed. Applicants are encouraged to apply at the earliest point.