Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army Youth Services create intentional avenues for young people to explore opportunities, build support networks, and access, participate and contribute to their communities.
The Specialist Youth Services, Gippsland delivers homelessness supports to young people and their families through proactive engagement to mitigate the risk of them becoming homeless and a crisis-driven response if the young person presents as homeless.
We are currently seeking a values-driven and proactive Case Manager to support the Specialist Youth Services Team to deliver homelessness supports to young people under the Creating Connections and Family Reconciliation Initiative (FRI) programs.
- The YHS Creating Connections programs offer an integrated youth focussed intake, assessment and planning support, for young people (15-25) who are homeless or at risk. The program supports young clients to access refuge, THM, and private rental housing resources. Then supports them to link into further education, employment, training and family reconciliation outcomes.
- The Family Reconciliation Initiative (FRI) is an early intervention program that assists young clients to reconnect with family, significant people, cultural, LGBTQIA and the broader communities. We assist young people aged 15-25 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness because of family breakdown. FRI aims to strengthen the homelessness service system's capacity to improve young people's relationships with their families and, where possible, facilitate a return to their family home.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Ensure young people who access Youth Services - Gippsland programs receive a respectful, appropriate, and effective service
- Ensure that the service is maintained and developed in a way that is consistent with the aims, objectives, and values of The Salvation Army (TSA) and funding bodies
Reporting to the Team Leader, Specialist Youth Services this position is in Leongatha.
WHAT WE OFFER
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
HOURS AND SALARY
This is a permanent position working 4 days per week.
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, level 5.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE
- Tertiary qualification in social work, youth work, or related welfare studies, a degree qualification is preferred
- Relevant experience in a social service environment including intake and assessment; referral to relevant programs; case management; building collaborative relationships with clients and other services; flexible and creative solutions in a fast-moving environment; facilitate sustainable family, school, peer and community connections.
- Knowledge of lifestyle pressures faced by disadvantaged people in the community, and of family dynamics, special needs and problems facing low-income earners
- Understanding and application of youth sector models, approaches, theories and practice when working with clients
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
POSITION DESCRIPTION and ENQUIRIES
Cliff Worthing - Team Leader Youth Support Services Gippsland.
PH: (03) 5662-6400 or email: email@example.com, using the subject line: Case Manager - Leongatha enquiry via EthicalJobs.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.