About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full-time Case Manager to join our supportive Home and Community Care team. This role will be based at our Central Coast offices, with clients across the Central Coast Region.
This role is responsible for providing case management to deliver effective care and support for clients that enhance self-determination, capacity, resilience, as well as improving functional independence, social engagement and quality of life for the client and family.
Key responsibilities assisting our clients include:
- Provide complex people-centred case management, including assessment and care planning
- Assist and enable clients to understand their Aged Care funding in accordance with financial budgets and program operational guidelines
- Community Networking, sales and business development to promote Uniting Services
- Ensure compliance with Aged Care Quality Standards
- Providing cost effective, evidence based and goal orientated case management while working in partnership with clients to achieve positive outcomes reflecting meaning and purpose for our clients
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications in Allied Health, Nursing, or Aged Care and experience working in a Community Aged Care environment
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of Home Care Package (HCP) program, Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Social and Affordable Housing Fund (SAHF)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound and proficient organisational skills with strong time management
- The ability to build rapport and trust with clients and colleagues
- Proficiency in using computer applications including Microsoft office, client/data management systems and a willingness to learn new programs
- Current First Aid or willingness to obtain
- Australian Driver’s License and access to your own vehicle
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national police check and reference checks.
Benefits & Culture
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
Note: While the title of this job advertisement is Case Manager, at Uniting we title this role as Support Advisor.
Please note, vaccinations may be required.
For any questions, please contact Theresa Ung, Talent Acquisition Specialist on firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Case Manager - Central Coast enquiry via EthicalJobs.