Full time (35 hours per week), 12 month contract with likely extension. Based in Campbelltown.
The Doorways Program works alongside youths providing information, referral, "drop in support", crisis services, and strengths-based casework that is driven by the needs of young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
In a supportive team environment your aim as a Caseworker is to help young people and families receive referral and support to resolve risk factors so they remain living with their families. Where this is not possible help with rapid re-housing, crisis and transition responses and intensive responses for complex needs.
Your experience ticks the following boxes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences and demonstrated relevant work experience with young people
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues impacting on homeless young people and families
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive, honest and productive relationships with young people and families. Demonstrated experience in developing a support plan, provide casework support and follow up
- Ability to provide effective assessment and referral for a variety of issues and facilitate young people's access to services that will meet their needs
- Ability to initiate and develop positive connections with relevant agencies, programs and services in local communities
- Excellent communication skills including-advocacy, mediation, conflict resolution, and written skills
- Ability to contribute to program development and evaluation
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Current driver’s license for work related travel as required, and willingness to transport service users
- First Aid Certificate
- Competencies in implementing a strength based solution framework
In return we offer:
- Mentoring and professional development opportunities
- Attractive salary packaging options and employee benefits
- Ex Gratia leave – additional 5 days of leave at Christmas time
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks and confirmation of covid vaccinations.