About the role
This is a 12 month contract opportunity, working full time (35 hours/ week) and based in based in Dubbo.
- This role is responsible for the case management and prioritising outcomes for permanency and restoration when a child or young person enters Uniting’s care
- In this role you will need to meet funding, performance and practice requirements, ethical and professional standards as well as community and stakeholder expectations within PSP
- For more details refer to the attached job description PSP Caseworker PD_FINAL.docx
About Uniting’s Permanency Support Program
- The Permanency Support Program (PSP) aims to give every child/young person a loving home, whether that be with parents, family, extended family or through guardianship, adoption or quality long term care
- We provide culturally supported placement options for children and young people 0-18 years of age
- PSP also provides a ‘light touch’ Aftercare service for young people 18-25 years who have left foster care and for the next 4 years will collaborate with Uniting’s Extended Care Pilot program team to provide holistic support to young people using the Advantage Thinking approach.
- Degree in Social Work or a related Bachelor’s Degree and 12 months (minimum) relevant casework experience with children and young people in a child protection setting
- Strong advocate for children, young people and families
- Skilled decision maker for children’s best interests underpinned by a demonstrated commitment to hearing the voices of children and young people
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Committed to compliance - legal, government and policy
- Good record keeping
Benefits and culture
Working to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice brings its own rewards, but there’s more
- Welcoming you exactly as you are
- Work you’ll be proud of
- You’ll have access to a range of support and opportunities including -
- Salary-packaging options
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular supervision, support and team meetings
If you feel you have the passion and ability to make a real difference then please apply now! Or contact Alex Sullivan from Uniting’s Talent Acquisition Team on; 0466 801 937 / firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Caseworker, Permanency Support Program - Dubbo enquiry via EthicalJobs, for more information.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.