About the opportunity
Located in Canberra, ACT we have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join Uniting Home and Community Care on a permanent full time basis.
You will be responsible for providing one on one guidance and support to a team of aged care community employees across the ACT region.
We are looking for an ideal candidate for this position with the opportunity to create a hybrid position of Team Leader/Coordinator. The Coordinator role is responsible for ensuring the delivery of the services under the Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Package services. These programs are effectively delivered to enhance wellness, independence and social connections to all clients
Key responsibilities include:
- Motivating, mentoring and managing a team of Support Workers that provide services to aged care clients in their own home
- Monitoring the standards of service provided so that staff performance, training and mentoring requirements are adequately monitored and communicated, resulting in job satisfaction and retention of staff
- Conducting service satisfaction audits in the client homes whilst maintaining the support worker’s confidence
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with clients, their families and members of the Uniting community.
- Developing and maintaining strong referral networks across Central West communities
- Managing the operation of In Home services in conjunction with the HLFS Senior Coordinator, Support Advisor and Allied Health team.
- Ensuring implementation of In Home Services line with agreed service delivery model
- Ensure compliance with Home Care Quality Standards
- Provide positive and collaborative teamwork.
- Previous experience and or qualifications in an Allied Heath, Aged Care or Community Aged Care environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed understanding of care delivery in community care and a commitment to best practice and continuous improvement.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Prior experience in a similar role within the Aged Care or Disability Industry
- Prior supervisory experience.
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
- Salary packaging entitlements of up to $15900 tax free income
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
Please note vaccinations may be required.
For any questions please contact Theresa Talent Acquisition Specialist E: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Team Leader - ACT enquiry via EthicalJobs.