Utp is leading a not so quiet revolution of art that is socially responsive, inclusive and that reflects the diverse nation we live in. We lead from the lands of the Darug people and acknowledge that sovereignty was never ceded.
Utp is a unique commissioning and producing organisation. We make long-term investments in collaborations with artists and/or communities from outside the dominant culture to give form to extraordinary ideas. We produce a year-round program of performance, dance, visual arts, learning and community-led projects, unlike anything you have seen before.
Our curatorial model ensures projects are self-determined, giving rise to truly artist and/or community led projects.
We are committed to offering access-for-all to brilliant ideas, unusual experiences and critical thinking.
Position Description - Marketing Manager
Basis of employment: Part-time – 3 days per week
Salary Package: $80,000 p.a. pro rata, plus superannuation
Employment Conditions: 4 weeks annual leave (pro rata)
The Marketing Manager is responsible for high-level strategy and hands-on delivery of marketing. This includes developing and implementing marketing strategies in relation to specific projects and targets, as well as the on-going needs of the company, aligning the company’s brand and profile to the values and vision of Utp.
This role reports to the General Manager and marketing support is provided by the Administrator/Marketing Coordinator. Utp supports flexible work arrangements including working from home part-time.
- Lead on developing and delivering Utp’s marketing strategy
- Develop thought-leading marketing strategies with an emphasis on digital and social media, including the implementation, monitoring and reporting on strategies and campaigns
- Oversee the maintenance of the company’s website and ensure it is up to date with both content and current market trends, and relevant user-interface is updated and upgraded as required
- Manage the development of content and distribution of all electronic direct marketing (EDMs), including a regular e-newsletter, invitations and e-flyers
- Manage our online reputation for brand awareness and audience development, including growing Utp’s online community, traffic to our website, and engagement with other digital channels
- Copywriting and writing for marketing, publicity and fundraising purposes
- Remain abreast of trends and initiatives within the arts and other sectors
- Measure and report on agreed KPI’s relating to marketing and audience development activity
- Develop specific marketing assets for all productions, including hero images, e-signatures etc.
- Prepare assets for both online and print marketing content.
- Develop marketing assets for sponsors and corporate partners to assist with funding for specific Utp projects; and to meet partner KPI’s as required
- Manage the company’s relationship with external publicists including negotiation of publicity plans and target media.
- Other duties as they relate to marketing.
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum two years’ experience in a marketing and/or communications role
- Computer skills and experience in Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, MailChimp, Salesforce and other graphic design, online marketing software and CRM
- Strong copy writing skills
- Experience in copywriting and writing for marketing and fundraising purposes
- Strong understanding of social media and experience managing social media accounts
- Experience in market research and customer service
- Capacity to work autonomously, manage deadlines and show initiative
- Excellent knowledge of Australia’s arts industry and arts product generally
Desired Key Selection Criteria
- Established networks within the arts industry
- Experience of working in a small organisation
- Knowledge of Premiere Pro or other video editing software
For more information about the position, please contact Kiri Zakinthinos, Utp’s Acting General Manager, on (02) 9707 2111 or email@example.com using the subject line: Marketing Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Interviews will be held in early June.
To apply for the position, please send us:
- A curriculum vitae (CV) of no more than two pages
- A statement of no more than three pages that addresses how your skills, knowledge and experience match the responsibilities and selection criteria
- Please ensure your full contact details including phone number and email address are included in your CV or covering email, as well as the contact and email address’ of two referees
- Please provide all attachments as pdfs.
We will only accept applications by email.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Marketing Manager application via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.