Voices of Influence is a youth-led (18-30) organisation that functions to inform and encourage the masses who are passive individual consciences into being active, collective voices for the promotion, attainment, and protection of human rights.
We are governed and guided by our Executive Board/Steering Committee, who bring a breadth of experience and skills from diverse professional backgrounds. The Executive Board/Steering Committee's work, from setting organisational strategy through to ensuring its effective implementation, directly shapes Voices of Influence's capacity for impact and future growth.
As a Chair member of the Executive Board/Steering Committee, you’ll play a key role in the governance of the organisation, serving as one of the custodians of Voices of Influence's mission and values.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Between the ages of 18-30.
- Believes in the power and importance of youth-led initiatives to achieve sustainable and positive social change for human rights.
- Approaches their work with humility & integrity, and is excited about exploring new and innovative strategies for addressing global injustice.
- Values working in partnership and solidarity to support grassroots programming and initiatives.
- Has experience working to address social injustice including in international or community development, advocacy and campaigning, research or youth-led organising.
AS A MEMBER OF VOICES OF INFLUENCE'S EXECUTIVE BOARD/STEERING COMMITTEE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Providing input and advice on strategic considerations and decision-making processes relating to Voices of Influence's impact work.
- Providing guidance and leadership to the Voices of Influence Task Force Action Groups - this include direction and support on project design and management, partnership processes, advocacy initiatives & monitoring and evaluation of impact.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on project proposals and reports.
- Coordinating the delivery and functionality of the Voices of Influence membership program.
- Developing and strengthening external partnerships, core stakeholders and contacts across the private, NGO, NFP, government and academic sectors.
- Contributing to the Voices in Movement blog on a monthly basis.
- Connecting Voices of Influence with relevant contacts in the youth and human rights sectors to support their work
We are actively recruiting for candidates to join our Executive Board/Steering Committee in the capacity of:
- Gender Equality & LGBTIQ+ Rights Chair
- Aged Care & Disability Chair
- First Nations Justice Chair
- Climate Justice Chair
- Minimum 12 month term;
- Ranging from approximately two to four hours per week. The Executive Board/Steering Committee meets twelve times a year, in Sydney or virtually.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like you, then please apply now via the button below.
If you feel you meet most, but not all, of the selection criteria, please do not be dissuaded from applying.
This is an ongoing recruitment, where applications will be reviewed on a fortnightly basis until the position is filled. With any questions, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Executive Board / Steering Committee Chair enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.