- Starting at $37 – 40, depending on quals and experience
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a wide range of benefits and rewards including:
- Above award remuneration pay rate for the right applicant;
- Split shift allowance payments and paid team meetings;
- Some straight day shifts available;
- Support from a management team with experience in the field;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Free YMCA gym membership;
- Discounted accommodation rates at the George Williams Hotel;
- Discounted rates at our childcare facilities;
- Discounted rate on health care through Medibank Private;
- A range of online benefits through our online employee discounts and benefits program.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time, permanent position, normally working 38 hours per week.
As a YMCA OSHC Coordinator you will:
- Develop quality programs
- Manage the day to day running of the programs
- Coordinate staffing and rostering of staff
- Support and manage staff
- Ensure compliance with policy and organisational procedures
- Undertake administrative requirements
- Work collaboratively with families and the school community
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
To be successful in this exciting opportunity you will need to have:
- Minimum Diploma qualification in Childcare, Teaching or other relevant area;
- Experience as an OSHC Coordinator or in a similar position;
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant and current legislation regarding the provision of school age care;
- Knowledge of how to effectively and efficiently run a service on a day-to-day basis;
- An ability to prioritise, organise and manage your own workload and that of others;
- Excellent customer service, communication and liaison skills and an ability to build long-lasting relationships with stakeholders;
- Demonstrated sound computing skills including Qikkids and the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Current Blue Card, First Aid and CPR certification (or willingness to obtain).
Interested? Apply Now!
To download a position description and to find out more about the YMCA OSHC services please visit our website http://www.ymcabrisbane.org.
APPLY TODAY by submitting a cover letter detailing your experience against the selection criteria as stated above and your resume by using the 'Apply Now' button.
Work at the Y
Candidates must have the right to work in Australia.
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- An international criminal history check where applicants have lived overseas for greater than three months;
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.