- Remote (Flexible work from home)/ Darwin office based
- Pro rata of $90K + super + NFP packaging
- Permanent part time. 25 hours per week. Monday – Friday (9:30am – 2:30pm)
About the role –
- Manage workplace health and safety standards and procedures; and safeguarding compliance of children and young people.
- A dynamic, multi-faceted senior management role with flexible working arrangements.
- Become a valued member of an established Not for Profit organisation that makes a positive impact on the lives of young people and the health and wellbeing of local communities in the Northern Territory.
- Join an inclusive, positive and highly supportive workplace culture that values the health and wellbeing of all staff members.
- Make a real difference to the health and wellbeing of staff – and to society at large.
The Company –
The YMCA is an established Not-for-Profit organisation that is underpinned by a shared belief that when you inspire young people, they are powerful. As an organisation we believe in the ‘power of inspired young people’ and the impact that this can have on the lives of young people throughout their lives and on society as a whole.
At the YMCA of the Northern Territory, our commitment to this belief is applied at a grassroots level through the community services that we offer across our early learning, recreation and youth services. These services are all geared towards ensuring that young people lead healthy and happy lives so that we can build healthy and happy local communities in the NT.
Our approach is inclusive and pays respect to the unique needs of the multicultural communities in the Northern Territory including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
To read about our belief, purpose and service offering visit our website.
As the Health, Safety and Safeguarding Manager reporting directly to the CEO, you will:
- Manage workplace health and safety standards and procedures for all staff.
- Lead and monitor the organisation’s risk management processes and implement improvement measures.
- Manage workplace injury assessment.
- Drive the Safeguarding of children and young people standards by managing and implementing associated procedures and policies across all of the Y’s services.
See job description below for the full summary of the responsibilities and requirements of the role.
Skills and experience –
The successful applicant will be a qualified workplace health and safety professional who has:
- Relevant qualifications in Work Health and Safety (WHS)
- Experience in the development and implementation of WHS systems.
- Experience developing and implementing relevant workplace training to new and existing staff members.
- An understanding of the Northern Territory child safety regulations, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Experience developing effective working relationships, both internally and externally, while representing the interests of the organisation.
- The ability to function as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as independently; and manage projects through to completion.
What’s on offer -
- A dynamic senior management role, with flexible working arrangements at a reputable Non for Profit organisation.
- Opportunity to make a real impact on the health and wellbeing of staff, children and society.
- Work in a positive, supportive and healthy workplace culture that genuinely values all staff members for their individual contribution.
How to apply –
Does this role appeal to you? Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to apply.
For a confidential enquiry about the position, please contact email@example.com using the subject line: Health, Safety and Safeguarding Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.