Act for Kids is a for-purpose organisation that delivers evidence-based professional therapy and support services to children and families, who have experienced or are at risk of harm. Established in 1988, we have helped over 170,000 children, young people and families at our 30 centres across Australia.
Through prevention, treatment, research, education and advocacy, we are committed to helping keep kids safe, heal from trauma and lead happy lives.
About the job...
We are seeking a down to earth and capable Senior People and Culture Advisor to join our small and dedicated People and Culture team. Our culture is values driven and characterised by talented teams working tirelessly to keep kids safe, heal from trauma and lead happy lives. Our commitment to team member health and wellbeing and supporting learning and development opportunities sets us apart.
The position is full-time and located at Milton in Brisbane.
- Provide expert human resource management advice and support leaders and team members across Act for Kids and Youthrive in the areas of recruitment and selection, onboarding, learning and development, employee engagement, reward and recognition, safety and wellbeing, performance management, employee and industrial relations, and off boarding.
- Guide and coach leaders on people management, performance, employee and industrial relations matters in line with relevant legislation, awards, policies and procedures, and organisational values.
- Proactively advise leaders on innovative talent attraction strategies, best practice candidate selection and onboarding practices.
- Work collaboratively with leaders to develop, implement and continuously improve on effective safety and wellbeing practices and initiatives.
- Ensure regions are proactively delivering and reporting on key actions in the Act for Kids Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Develop and deliver HR training to teams through face-to-face or online delivery methods.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a generalist Senior HR Advisor supporting leaders in all aspects of human resources including performance, employee and industrial relations, health safety and wellbeing, recruitment and selection, and talent and capability management.
- Background working in the healthcare and community services sector preferable, however, not essential.
- Strong knowledge of contemporary HR practices with proven ability to interpret and apply legislation, awards, policies and procedures.
- Some experience developing and delivering innovative HR training eg. recruitment and selection; performance; or safety and wellbeing.
- Ability to build credible and trusting working relationships with leaders and team members providing accurate and timely advice across the HR employee lifecycle.
- Effective project management and organisational skills to enable timely delivery of initiatives.
- Strong HR systems knowledge and an ability to analyse and interpret people metrics to inform recommendations and decisions.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Attractive negotiated base salary + 10% superannuation.
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees).
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance.
- Strong values-based organisation.
- Flexible work.
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities).
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Paid Study Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal.
- Excellent work environment in a small team.
Blue Card Requirement…
Prior to commencing employment with Act for Kids in Queensland, you are required to have a current Blue Card. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit your cover letter and resume or for more information about the role, contact Marion Kaiser, People and Culture Manager, on 0438 124 738 or firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Senior People & Culture Advisor enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.