AFL SportsReady is a national not for profit company that has facilitated employment and education for thousands of young Australians since 1994. While having a history of excellence in the football industry, we now work across sectors including the arts and creative industries, education, business and the broader sports and recreation to create education and employment opportunities for young people across Australia.
This role is responsible for providing specialist advice, guidance and management in relation to Work Health & Safety (WHS) and injury claims management for the company. This role has national WHS responsibility and involves infrequent inter-state travel (COVID restrictions permitting), however wherever possible we will arrange for travel to be same-day return to support your personal or family responsibilities. Flexible work, and working from home arrangements are possible for this role.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide specialist advice and assistance to AFL SportsReady staff on WHS matters for AFL SR’s programs and program participants.
- Develop AFL SportsReady’s organisational and people WHS capability.
- Manage, administer and report on organisational WHS matters, nationally.
- Manage and administer all AFL SportsReady Workcover claims nationally and perform the role of Return to Work Coordinator for the organisation.
- Manage and contribute to WHS and risk management committees.
- Manage and undertake Host Employer WHS site audits and inspections in Victoria and where required interstate, and provide improvement recommendations and reports.
- Lead the development of a best-practice safety culture within AFL SportsReady.
Additional information about the role can be found within the position description which is located on our website.
- Full time role – Fixed term (18 months) with potential to extend.
- Base salary of $80k per annum gross.
- Flexible work arrangements available.
- Working from home options available.
- Choice to reduce to four days per week or work a nine day fortnight in non-peak times.
- Superannuation at 10% on top of base salary.
- 4 weeks total leave per year.
- Additional 1 week gratis leave.
- Diverse and supportive work environment.
- Support for continuous professional development.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Please refer to the position description on our website which can be accessed by clicking Apply Now.