Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide. We value collaboration, respect, enthusiasm, excellence, innovation and integrity.
The Business Solutions Group provides acts as a trusted adviser and partner to all teams at Beyond Blue. Business Solutions is based on a shared services model to partner and support the lines of business, this collaboration designed model is to enable agility and to ensure our teams to do their best work for the community.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for the smooth operation of the Chief Business Officer(CBO) and for supporting the Business Solutions team. The position provides high-level executive support to the CBO and administrative support to the Beyond Blue Board and day-to-day team administration duties. Reporting directly to the CBO, the role is fast-paced, involves confidential, high-level information as well as engagement with government, and community service stakeholders. This is a diverse, hands-on role that requires professionalism, interpersonal skillfulness, energy and high attention to detail.
- Manage telephone calls, information, responses, and recommendations to and on behalf of the CBO, and communicate and/or co-ordinate CBO instructions with various individuals, stakeholders, and/or departments, internally and externally, and at all levels
- Provide secretariat support for Board, Board sub-committees, steering committees and governance groups where required
- Oversee the coordination of internal and external meetings for the Business Solutions team when required, including meeting rooms, technical equipment requirements and calendar/availability of all participants
- Work in partnership with the CBO, providing administrative support, including diary management and assistance with managing correspondence (both verbal and written) with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide administrative and coordination support for internal and external meetings including developing meeting agendas, writing minutes, and distributing key documents to meeting attendees
- Under the direction of the CBO or Business Solutions Heads, coordinate the input of team members in the development of key reports, including Board reports, Beyond Blue external reporting and ad hoc reports as required
- Provide general administrative support to the Business Solutions team including data entry and support related to specific project activities
- Book travel and accommodation for all members of the Board and Business Solutions team, considering Beyond Blue policy and budgetary implications
- Manage credit card acquittal for the CBO and ensure acquittal is in line with the Beyond Blue policy.
Qualification and Experience:
- Qualification in Business Administration, Office Management (e.g. Certificate or Diploma) or equivalent. Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Personal/Executive Assistant role – preferably in a financial/commercial environment
- Proficient in the use of Office software and collaboration tools – Must be able to confidently use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Collaboration software at a minimum to an Intermediate level. Visio skills also a benefit.
- Sound technical skills – Ability to learn and become efficient in using business systems.
- Organisational - with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and competing priorities. Must be capable of working under pressure.
- Written Communication - Able to clearly communicate with perfect sentence construction ability and be capable of creating clear and concise written communication. Experience in preparing reports for Boards and/or Board sub-Committees would be highly advantageous.
- Oral Communication – Have the maturity to respond to members enquiries in an empathetic, understanding and helpful manner and handle sensitive conversations with compassion.
- Attention to detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks. Remains aware and takes care of details that are easy to overlook or dismiss as insignificant
- Service Orientation - Builds and maintains satisfaction with internal customers. Explores options when unable to deliver a requested service and pursues solutions until the customer is satisfied
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022.
To apply, please click the 'Apply now' button below. Applications should include a current CV with a cover letter that addresses why you would consider yourself to be a cultural addition to Beyond Blue and how your skills and experience would be attributes to the position. If you're viewing this advertisement on another website, a current position description can be found on our careers page.
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a National Police Check and where required a Working With Children Check.