Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide. We value collaboration, respect, enthusiasm, excellence, innovation and integrity.
A truly greenfield role and team for you to create, develop and grow. The Strategic Planning Lead is new role at Beyond Blue reporting to the Head of Strategy and Planning. The new Strategic Planning team will be responsible for developing and delivering a new strategic planning framework to support the Beyond 2020 Strategy. The team you build and lead will support the Board and Senior Executive through its strategic considerations and facilitates the development and co-design of program-level strategies across Beyond Blue. You find a certain degree of satisfaction when no two days are the same.
The Strategy and Planning team works alongside Beyond Blue’s Enterprise Portfolio Management team to ensure the cohesiveness of frameworks to ensure optimum synchronisation of the strategy guiding our investments. These two teams are part of the larger Strategy, Policy and Reform Group, along with other functions including advocacy, strategic communications, research, evaluation and knowledge translation.
- Identify and assess strategic issues and opportunities through a community centric and evidence-based approach. Build a strong knowledge of how the mental health and suicide prevention ecosystems are changing. Clearly communicate these insights and implications to the organisation
- Work with Chief Officers, Unit Heads, and their teams, to frame, scope, develop and solve strategic problems and to develop actionable and clear recommendations. This will include facilitating strategic discussions with stakeholders. Work to build Beyond Blue’s strategic thinking capability across the organisation, through this process
- Frame, scope and structure strategic problems using suitable strategic planning frameworks. Lead the translation of these frameworks into a new strategic planning framework for Beyond Blue
- Lead, coordinate and manage cross-functional working groups and teams to develop strategies, with internal and external stakeholders, including external consultants, partners and community members
- Use appropriate communication techniques and change management methods for key strategic recommendations
- Use appropriate prioritisation criteria and techniques when evaluating issues and initiatives
- Work closely with the Head of Strategy and Planning and EMPO Lead to drive strategic alignment across the organisation to ensure our strategy is guiding resource allocation
- Present clear, logical and action-oriented recommendations and plans to Board, Executive, Unit Heads, working groups and governance forums
- Recruit, lead, manage and develop a team of strategists and analysts.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in strategy, policy development, business or other related disciplines
- Experience in formulating enterprise/corporate strategy and/or management consulting
- Detailed knowledge of strategy, planning and business architecture frameworks and methodologies
- Substantial project management experience (particularly agile methodologies)
- Success in problem solving that includes problem definition, hypotheses testing, analysis and planning
- Excellent written communication skills including the experience in preparing strategic discussion papers for Boards and senior leadership
- Facilitating discussion, focus and working groups
- Experience in presenting to governance forums
- Lateral thinking and analytical skills.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022.