The Way Back Support Service is a psychosocial service response to support people following a suicide attempt or experiencing suicidal crisis. The service is more than halfway through its national expansion from 10 pilot sites to more than 33 sites nationally by 2021. The role will successfully manage the design and implementation of the national roll out, including the progression from the implementation phase through to the governance and reporting phase of The Way Back. This will involve being responsible for managing issues, risks and project change to ensure successful and on–time project delivery.
This position will work closely with various staff across the business to manage the delivery of objectives outlined in the Commonwealth submission and defined in the internal business case. The role will also be responsible for managing daily activities relating to the national roll out of The Way Back program and tasked with quality assurance of deliverables within specified time and cost constraints.
- Encourage solutions-based approach with The Way Back managers and staff to enable them to achieve their targets
- Support team members engagement with relevant internal working groups and external agencies relating to The Way Back
- Enable opportunities to integrate and collaborate across broader Beyond Blue teams and utilising team resources effectively supporting development and priorities
- Ensure target audiences, consumers and other stakeholders are engaged to gain community support for the programme and to solicit input to improve the programme
- Represent Beyond Blue publicly on committees and important high-level groups in relation to The Way Back programmes
- Full utilisation of relevant data and insights to inform Beyond Blue on enhancements and improvements to improve the programme
- Collaborate with the Suicide Prevention & Early Intervention Sustainability Lead and other relevant internal stakeholders, to synthesise external stakeholder inputs and insights, and internally develop programme enhancements.
Based on our new ways of working, consider which of the following are relevant to the role:
- We are community centric and focus on solving problems, listening and adjusting plans to deliver better outcomes for the community
- We create a sense of fun and light-heartedness, and channel our energy and enthusiasm into meaningful work
- We create clarity and ensure our actions align to our strategy, so we can prioritise our finite resources
- We collaborate to provide solutions and options for feedback
- We actively listen, and communicate openly and transparently
- We build relationships internally and partner with the whole organisation on shared goals, problems, and solutions
- We build relationships externally and partner with key external stakeholders for the benefit of the community
- We adapt, flex and take an agile approach to plans to meet community need.
Qualifications and key selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualification business / management degree
- Project management experience and/or formal education or certification in PRINCE2 or PMBOK related methodologies.
- Work experience – Minimum 10 years demonstrating a proven track record of successful achievement in leading & managing large, complex high value projects on time & budget
- Project Management Development – Knowledge and skills in planning, resource identification and coordination, task and activity monitoring, risk and issues management, budget management, reporting and overall delivery against defined objectives, methods and outcomes
- People Management – Highly motivated with exceptional leadership skills and a proven ability to effectively manage and build teams, including motivation, managing performance and developing a positive culture
- Document Preparation – Demonstrated ability to prepare complex written documents of a high standard including briefing notes, correspondence and reports with an elevated level of attention to detail, and the ability to conceptually analyse and synthesise information
- Stakeholder Management – Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills including ability to proactively resolve conflict or issues. Internal and external stakeholder need assessments, and stakeholder engagement planning skills
- Contract Management – Demonstrated experience in managing the coordination of contracts, projects and/or partnerships with external parties
- Risk Management – Ability to identify and manage risks, ability to determine an appropriate course of action with limited guidance when required
- Communication – Proven ability to be able to effectively interact across all levels of an organisation.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022.