- Leading community services organisation
- Join a passionate, supportive and friendly team
- Permanent, part-time: 30.4 hours per week
- Cheltenham location
About Launch Housing
Launch Housing is a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantages Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 13 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless.
Your impact to the community
You will assist with the support needs and enhance the life and living skills of young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness. Using an Advantaged Thinking approach, you will work to increase educational opportunities for young people for whom homelessness has had an impact on their path to education and employment.
As a Life and Living Skills Support Worker, you will report to the Youth Support Coordinator and will:
- Provide integrated supports to young people who are seeking ways to live independently.
- Facilitate and run group work programs for young people
- Work collaboratively with other professionals involved with young people to ensure to positive outcomes are achieved
- Provide secondary consultation to peers in relation to life and living skills
- Assist young people to maximise their potential by facilitating their involvement in community and social activities, education, employment and training opportunities
- Participate in service review and development, with a view to enhancing the provision of effective and efficient service to young people
Our expectations from you to succeed in this role:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, and/or direct experience
- An understanding of or commitment to acquiring knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Advantaged Thinking
- Community, housing and social welfare programs
- Education and learning, including vocational education
- Employment and Career Pathway Programs
- Young peoples' transitions and educational pathways
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing group-work events, programs and curricula for young people
- An understanding of homelessness and issues affecting young people who are at risk of, or experiencing homelessness
- Experience in building positive relationships and communicating effectively with internal and external contacts with diverse backgrounds and abilities. Experience in managing people with complex needs
In return we offer great staff benefits including flexible working environment, free and confidential Employee Assistance Program, salary packaging, 5 additional days of wellbeing leave and training and ongoing career opportunities across multiple Launch Housing teams. The salary is from $74,910 per annum (pro-rata) + super + salary packaging.
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity click apply now & enter ref code: 5594225.