CHILDREN BY CHOICE
Children by Choice provides counselling, information and education services on all pregnancy options, including abortion, adoption and parenting. We provide a Queensland-wide counselling, information and referral service to pregnant people, deliver sexual and reproductive health education sessions in schools and youth centres, and offer training for GPs and other health and community professionals on pregnancy options, reproductive coercion and post abortion counselling.
We also advocate for improvements to law and policy that would increase access to reproductive health services and information. We are recognised nationally and internationally as a key advocacy group for reproductive and sexual health.
Our Annual Reports and Strategic Plan are available on our website at www.childrenbychoice.org.au.
The organisation is led by a voluntary Management Committee made up of competent professionals, elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. The Management Committee is responsible for the governance of the organisation but is also called on at times to provide expert opinion on operational matters.
This position is one of a small team of committed professionals who are dedicated to achieving the objectives of Children by Choice. The team is led by the CEO and team leaders with levels of individual autonomy. The team works collaboratively to deliver high quality, evidence based information and services. The organisation’s most recent strategic plan and annual report are available on the Children by Choice website and outline the current priorities and values of the organisation.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Award: Level 3.1 ($33.23 per/hr) Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Employment Status: Part time 22.5 hours a week, contract role until 30 June 2023. Hours between 9am – 3pm Monday – Friday preferred
- Organise relevant internal and external meetings, book meeting rooms and catering (where required), collate and distribute papers and agenda, and record minutes.
- Provide efficient administrative support to the team including preparation, collection, and distribution of information and documentation for meetings, workshops, and reporting requirements.
- Review the incoming correspondence, prepare and send outgoing correspondence.
- Coordinate and prepare reports, diary management, email management, meetings, and events.
- Monitor registers for compliance.
- Assist with audits.
- Ensure all programs and services are operating within the regulatory and compliance standards including but not limited to:
- Policies and procedures.
- Human Services Quality Framework.
- Record required data for internal information management systems, ensuring information is concise, secure and accurate.
- Manage electronic filing systems.
- Record financial transactions including accounts payable and receivable.
- Induction and general supervision of volunteers or students where required.
- Support the team with internal and external communications including social media, website, CRM and events.
- Create newsletters and communication for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage stakeholder information and update in the CRM.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members, including shared projects, staff meetings and day to day activities. Assist and support colleagues when they may be experiencing a peak workload or high demand period.
- Contribute to a positive organisational culture.
- Operate within a feminist framework and adhere to the approved Decision Making Principles.
- Maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of the evidence and best practice in your field, and work with the team to jointly identify and participate in skills development appropriate to your role and annual work plan.
- Plan your time effectively to manage competing demands, including work/life balance.
- Assist the team to report effectively to management and stakeholders.
- Observe the policies and procedures, Code of Ethics and Conduct of the organisation.
- Contribute to Children by Choice’s collective efforts, such as strategic planning, position papers, working groups, communication and public events.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, values and objectives of Children by Choice Association Incorporated.
- Demonstrated successful administration skills and experience preferably in a not for profit setting, supporting a small team.
- Highly developed communication, written and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including a comprehensive understanding of software packages such as Microsoft Office and the ability to use the internet, email and social media platforms effectively and efficiently.
- Good knowledge of women's health, in particular reproductive health, pregnancy and abortion.
- Experience with operations and communications ideally within a not for profit setting.
Children by Choice embraces a diverse and inclusive environment. Our service values diversity and acknowledges that inclusive spaces generate creativity and innovation in perspective and problem solving while producing more sustainable and effective outcomes. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from the LGBTIQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
It is a genuine requirement of this position that the Administrator is a woman as per the exemption granted to Children by Choice by the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission.
[Children by Choice Association Inc. is exempt from the operations of sections 14, 15, 15A, 124, and 127 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 in relation to attribute in s 7(a).]
A position description is attached.