Wonderful opportunity to join a friendly and motivated team supporting people across Qld impacted by domestic, family and sexual violence in a 24/7 service.
- Permanent part-time positions (3-8 shifts a fortnight available)
- Brisbane CBD with on-site parking
- Flexible work practices including Work From Home Opportunities
Your New Role
As a Crisis Intervention Counsellor your new role will involve being the primary point of contact for the majority of our callers on the Womensline.
- Provide information and referral
- Provide Crisis Counselling and intervention support
- Complete client risk assessments and safety planning
- Advocate for clients to access appropriate support and referral pathways
- Arrange safe accommodation for women and children
We currently have vacancies in a variety of afternoon and evening shifts across a 24/7 roster.
Work From Home
If you are interested in working from home - please see the below criteria to ensure you can meet these requirements:-
- Working minimum 6 shifts per fortnight
- Ability to work from the Brisbane office initially for 6 weeks training and mentoring
- Once training is complete and working from home, the ability to work from the Brisbane office a minimum of one shift a fortnight if required.
- NBN connection
- Private home office space
Please contact us for more information about our work from home opportunities.
What you Need to Succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in the areas of Social and Behavioural Sciences or consideration will be given to other appropriate qualification(s) with ideally 2+yrs experience in the community sector.
- Demonstrated ability in working with women who have experienced domestic and family violence preferably within in a crisis context
- Demonstrated understanding of feminist practice and how this is used as a framework to understand and respond to the gendered nature of violence against women and children
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of cultural and social groups
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and high demand work environment, maintaincomposure and effectiveengagement with clients in crisis
- Knowledge or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of services within the domestic violence sector, including services that provide legal assistance, housing options and domestic violence support throughout Queensland
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, however with highly developed team work skills and with a flexible, friendly and positive approach
- Sound IT skills and experience working with a variety of databases
- Some flexibility with hours and number of shifts can be provided, however in this recruitment we are looking for people who have the ability to work a variety of shifts, including an overnight (if required).
It is a genuine requirement of this position that it be filled by a woman as permitted in sections 25, 104 and 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1991
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory background checks including a Working with Children Check (Blue Card), referee checks and proof of eligibility to work in Australia.
Why Join DVConnect?
- Friendly, supportive and passionate team who are making a difference in the lives of people impacted by domestic, family and sexual violence
- Family friendly workplace with flexible working arrangements including work from home
- Above award conditions including additional leave provisions, paid parental leave and more generous long service leave provisions
- On-site parking
- Competitive salary and benefits including salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount program available.
- Extensive training and induction program and on-going professional development
- EAP and professional supervision provided and a commited leadership team available for support 24/7.
Interested? Apply online today!
To apply for this position don't delay as applications will be considered as they are received. When applying please:
- Review the position description (below)
- Submit your current CV
- Submit a 1 page cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match the selection criteria and why you are interested in the role
- Make sure to detail your availability in your cover letter please
If you would like more information about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Crisis Intervention Counsellor enquiry via EthicalJobs or phone Caitlin (People & Culture) on 3156 2305.
DVConnect is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture of opportunity. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTIQ.
All applications will be treated on their merits. Please note those applications without a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and/or the right to work in Australia cannot be considered. We thank you for your application however only those shortlisted will be contacted.