ABOUT The GlEN
The Glen is 35-bed drug and alcohol residential rehabilitation centre established in 1994 and located at Chittaway Point. Our program is designed to treat a client in a holistic manner by addressing all of their issues. This means that we treat the person as a whole (spiritually, mentally and physically). We don’t just treat their addiction, we also look at things in their life that may be causing the addictive behaviours. Our program is about empowering people to take control of their lives, to live a good, fun life and to become active members of their families and the community as a whole.
About The Glen for Women
The Glen for Women is a newly established 20-bed facility for women opening in April 2022 and located at Wyong Creek. The centre will follow a similar treatment philosophy as The Glen for Men. We are seeking strong, compassionate, empathetic woman with demonstrated experience of strength based and trauma informed approaches to address and support the needs of women seeking treatment.
You will work closely with the COO of The Glen for Women, COO of The Glen and the Senior Intake Worker at The Glen.
The role also includes working closely with the whole Intake team in assessing the Mental Health stability of all people applying to The Glen residential program (according to the Intake Policy) and making the final decision on applicants coming to The Glen.
The role also includes supporting all of the clinical staff of The Glen for Women and The Glen to support the clients in their Mental Health needs and to monitor if there needs to be any extra support brought in to help a client.
The Mental Health Nurse role will support all staff at The Glen in regard to increasing and upskilling in the clinical area to work with people suffering from addiction and Mental Health issues.
The Mental Health Nurse will at times be asked to facilitate and arrange group therapy sessions, work with individuals in one-on-one sessions, and support, monitor and audit client’s well-being in the program.
- Be the lead in regard to the Clinical Governance Team at The Glen and The Glen for Women.
- Work collaboratively with the Intake Team to assess the Mental Health of people applying to come into The Glen (according to the Intake Policy)
- Build a system and process for clients with Mental Health needs to participate safely in the program at The Glen for Women and The Glen. Train, communicate and mentor the team to implement the process.
- Liaise with staff internally and external stakeholders to support residents in The Glen for Women and The Glen for Men.
- Prepare and actively participate in de-briefing sessions with the clinical team at morning and afternoon change over
- Oversee that medications are dispensed to clients appropriately.
- Ensure staff have the skills required to work with clients with Mental Health conditions.
- Make final decision on assessment of whether or not an applicant to The Glen for Women or The Glen is suitable in regard to their Mental Health stability.
- Work with the intake team to make referrals in the case that someone is not suitable to enter The Glen for Mental Health reasons.
- Make final decision in regard to client related clinical decisions around Mental Health and communicate it to the staff team (including the why).
- Ensure all clients have a thorough case plan and aware of this plan and that this plan is reviewed on a regular basis.
- Engage to have appropriate one-on-one support sessions with clients as required assessing their progress in treatment and refer to clinical team or stakeholders, if required
- Complete shift reports at the end of each shift
- Maintain client case notes in the client file on the client management system (Mimaso)
- Ensure case notes based on observable behaviour and facts.
- Contribute to staff meetings, team development activities, performance initiatives and service development activities
- Participate in staff appraisal and identify areas of professional development
- Support the COO plan and conduct staff appraisals
- Take responsibility for signing off on court reports for clients as required.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Mental Health and Nursing Qualifications
- Experience with dispensing medications
- Leadership & communication skills
- Good computer & technology skills
- Ability to provide solutions when you identify a problem
- Ability to plan your work, and manage your time
- Understanding of risk
- Attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate complex issues with clients.
- Ability to train other staff as required
- Ability to facilitate groups with clients
Working at The Glen
A lot of hard work happens behind-the-scenes at The Glen. There are high expectations that come with wearing a Glen shirt, this includes:
- Always prepared: The Glen takes pride in being organised, planned and prepared in everything we do – programs for clients, meetings with staff/stakeholders and community events.
- Always communicating: Communication is key to ensure everyone is always on the same page. We communicate via multiple technologies – phone, messages, emails, calendars, shift reports and clinical software (Mimaso)
- Always improving: The Glen is accredited under QIP always striving for better. We are a fast-paced, driven and ambitious organisation that’s always seeking to work more efficiently and effectively for the betterment of the client journey.
- Always honest: One of our values is that everything we do is grounded in a foundation of honesty. We have honest conversations with clients, we are honest with ourselves, honest with each other and our stakeholders. There are times of debate and discussion to arrive at win-win solutions. Walk into any room with a Glen shirt on, and people expect honesty from us.
If the values and statements above align with you, then The Glen will be a great place to work.
Salary will be negotiated with successful candidates, with an expected range of $100k - $110k. Salary packaging available
For any enquiries, please email email@example.com, using the subject line: Mental Health Nurse enquiry via EthicalJobs, with your question and phone number, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
A position description is attached.