ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position will work across all areas of KLC business. The position will ensure that the organisation has the tools, systems, policies and procedures in place to protect the physical and emotional safety and wellbeing of KLC staff and ensure organisational health and safety compliance. In line with this the position will drive the uptake of these tools and systems across the region with a focus on cultural appropriate delivery which acknowledges the operational context of the organisation.
You will contribute to all business processes and practices to support the safe and effective delivery of services in relation to the KLC’s activities.
- The HSE Advisor works closely with the Management Team to develop, plan and deliver all health, safety and environment initiatives across the KLC.
- Provide specialist health, safety and environment advice and support to the KLC and lead in maintaining a proactive safety culture.
- Develop and implement HSE Policies and Procedures which meet legislative requirements and are aligned with KLC values and operational requirements. Administer training to employees to ensure compliance.
- Lead, monitor and promote HSE risk management, early identification and reduction of workplace incidents and hazards by conducting risk assessments, safety audits, incident and hazard reviews, and analysis and reporting.
- Proactively identifying trends and emerging issues, implementing corrective activity, and developing initiatives to improving health and safety performance across the organisation.
- Conduct with Management, investigations into all incidents and hazards. Put in place incident/ hazard prevention procedures and processes to mitigate future risk.
- Maintain accurate records of all incidents / hazards including outcomes.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, including Police Clearances, Working with Children and Working with Vulnerable People checks, etc.
- Audit site facilities and processes regularly to facilitate continuous improvement in HSE.
- Visit remote working areas to deliver training and conduct audits to ensure compliance and continuous improvement in all HSE aspects.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement and new health, safety, well-being educational initiatives across the KLC.
- HSE reporting as directed by Corporate Services Manager.
- Ensure consistency across business units and integrate the work of teams to deliver a culture of excellence.
- Other HSE tasks as required.
- Commit to delivering services in consideration of cost, time and resource efficiencies.
Occupational Safety and Health
- Lead by example - Actively promote safe working practices across all activities;
- Report all incidents and near misses in accordance with KLC policies and procedures and legislative requirements;
- Maintain a safe workspace and actively contribute to the health and safety of the workplace by adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with all internal KLC policies and procedures and ensure the team’s adherence.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and commitment to the KLC Vision and its Values.
- Other tasks as directed by authorised the HR Manager, Corporate Services Manager or delegate.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
This position is classed at a KLC Level 5.0. Superannuation of 10% and additional salary allowances offered include district allowance, rental assistance where applicable, salary sacrificing options and 5 weeks annual leave.
Contact email@example.com, using the subject line: Health, Safety & Environment Advisor enquiry via EthicalJobs for further queries.
Visit our website: https://www.klc.org.au/work-with-us for further details and a copy of the full job description
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately and to close this advertisement early should a suitable candidate be found.
The Kimberley Land Council is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women and people from culturally diverse, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Eligible New Zealand Citizen to apply.