- Do you have experience working with people with a disability?
- Do you like finding creative solutions and implementing them?
- Join a community-minded, national not-for-profit organisation
As an NDIS Consultant, you will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality specialist support and assistance to people living with a disability, injury or health condition that have an NDIS Plan to help our customers build capacity towards finding and maintaining employment.
This role is a permanent full-time position and is based at either our Launceston office with travel required throughout North and North West Tasmania to deliver services dependent on the customer location.
Community engagement and activities will form a large component of this role to build Maxima’s footprint in the region.
- Manage a caseload of customers
- Advocate with employers on their behalf with a view to creating employment opportunities
- Work with customers to identify and deliver employment capacity building experiences
- Attend and participate in regular forums, interagency and stakeholder meetings as required
- Actively market and publicise the Maxima Group in the community
- Build and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Maxima is a national not-for-profit employment services and training organisation with a 35-year history. Our mission is to work towards a better Australia by helping people into meaningful employment by connecting and supporting jobseekers and employers.
- Understanding of the development and goals of the NDIS
- Experience in delivering and/or knowledge of School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) and ‘Finding and Keeping a Job’
- Experience in the field of Employment Services or delivering of NDIS support programs
- Demonstrated experience in a community network and engagement role
- Extensive experience in the delivery of person centric services
- Experience in maintaining a consistently high standard of customer service
- Energetic and driven
- Motivational and inspirational
- Goal orientated and competitive
- Relevant qualifications to the role such as an Allied Health/Teaching related field, or a minimum of Certificate III in Mental Health, Disability, Health or Community Services
You must hold a current driver's license, national police check and relevant State/Territory working with children check or be willing to obtain.
Culture and Benefits
We are a customer focused service and distinguish ourselves by offering family-friendly working hours as well as a supportive working environment.
Our customers tell us they value Maxima because we listen, we care, and we deliver.
- The opportunity to join one of Australia's most successful disability employment organisations
- Empowerment and engagement
- A friendly, supportive and social work environment
- Encouragement and recognition
- Attractive salary and extensive salary sacrificing options
- Fully maintained company vehicle (available with private use)
How to Apply
Click Apply Now' to complete our online application form and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter.