Reporting directly to the National CEO, the primary purpose of the Cancer Support Coordinator is to provide one on one support to mums who are receiving treatment for cancer (our clients) to understand their requirements, and work with the Mummy’s Wish team to meet those requirements.
This role assists and empower mums and their young children through a variety of support options, providing sufficient access to resources and practical support to ensure that mums minimise the impact of cancer treatment on day-to-day life for families. The focus is on client-centred approaches using identified assessment processes and developed case plans. All services are provided in collaboration with stakeholders and services in the community.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Offer proactive, personal one-on-one support and case management to mums over the phone and online.
- Provide, or facilitate the provision of practical support including information, resources and options available.
- Tailor support packages for mums including identifying and assessing the practical needs of families during mum’s cancer treatment.
- Identify and coordinate appropriate practical support services and referral pathways for mums and their young families.
- Handle enquiries and assisting with mum registrations and liaising with members of the cancer care community regarding Mummy’s Wish services and mum’s condition and circumstances.
- Liaise with third party professional services organisations such as counsellors and medical departments.
- Proactively identify and build collaborative community and clinical relationships and partnerships to coordinate services; enhance awareness of Mummy’s Wish; and facilitate the most appropriate outcomes for our mums.
- Undertake administrative duties including monitoring expenditure and budget; maintaining accurate database and correspondence records; and reporting on work activities, making suggestions for improvements where beneficial.
- Actively participate in organised training, team meetings, committees or funded projects as appropriate to support your own and Mummy’s Wish ongoing development.
- Highly developed client-centred communication skills conveyed through a caring disposition and highly proactive passion for helping a wide variety of people from diverse cultural backgrounds and situations with no judgement or favour, whilst maintaining professional distance.
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to confidently build successful relationships and network with mums, colleagues and stakeholders to achieve the right outcomes.
- Strong ability to balance working remotely and as part of a small team to achieve own and collective goals through a committed, positive and enthusiastic approach to work and personal success.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills to manage competing priorities within tight timeframes and take accountability for individual actions and workloads.
- Adaptable and flexible to come up with new ideas and achieve results in an environment of change using creative problem-solving and effective questioning and listening skills.
- A purpose driven individual with an alignment to our values.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience gained from working in similar roles or in client-centred healthcare/social work environments supporting individual needs and case management services.
- Sound knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly acquire, local health and welfare networks, along with demonstrated understanding of the major issues in cancer support.
- Previous administration experience including use of Microsoft Office; and/or the ability to rapidly learn using CRM software.
- Qualifications in relevant healthcare or social and community services are highly desirable.
- Full drivers’ licence and own vehicle.
A position description is attached.