This position will work holistically across the Brisbane North Community Legal Service and the Domestic Violence and Family Support Program to respond to the legal needs of women who have experienced domestic and/or family violence. The successful applicant will possess a strong understanding of the impacts of domestic and family violence on women and the complexity that this presents in justice system.
- Planning and development: Regular review and identification of improvement opportunities to ensure program planning and development is reflective of the needs of the community.
- Provision of Legal Services: Ensure high quality professional services are delivered to clients through supervision of all legal work undertaken by family law volunteers.
- Compliance: Ensure all legal services are provided in compliance with key standards, regulations and bodies.
- Partnerships and Networks: Develop and maintain strategic relationships/partnerships to deliver targeted services that respond to community issues and needs.
- Team Responsibilities: Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure the Centre is a safe, effective and welcoming environment.
What you will bring:
- Hold or be eligible to obtain an unrestricted practicing certificate from the Queensland Law Society, including ongoing professional development requirements to maintain registration.
- Demonstrated high degree of legal ability, skills, knowledge and practical experience in Family Law and Domestic Violence Legislation.
- An understanding of the impacts of domestic and family violence and the intersection of these with Family Law.
- Ability to identify ethical and professional issues arising from legal advices and subsequent resolution of these issues in accordance with organisational policies, professional indemnity insurance and legislative requirements.
- A solid understanding and commitment to principles of social justice and to working effectively with people who are socially and economically disadvantaged.
- Sound organisational skills and an ability to manage workload, competing demands and to maintain accurate records.
- Holistic details and selection criteria available in the Position Description.
Northside Connect Inc (NCI) consists of a multidisciplinary team working collaboratively to deliver the following programs:
- Nundah Neighbourhood Centre (NNC)
- Brisbane North Community Legal Service (BNCLS)
- Domestic Violence and Family Support Program Family Support Program (DV&FS)
NCI programs are funded through recurrent funding from the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services and Federal Attorney-General’s and Queensland Justice and Attorney General’s Departments, with supplementary funding from project and one-off funding grants, sponsorship, fundraising and donations.
You will be working in a small, multi-disciplinary team who are passionate about supporting the community through delivery of high quality professional services. Join us and make a difference to women who have experienced domestic violence.
We encourage and welcome people who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and capabilities to apply for this position.
A position description is attached.