The Northern Territory Council of Social Service Inc (NTCOSS) is the peak body for the Northern Territory social and community service sector and an advocate for those who are disadvantaged.
In this newly created role you will be a member of the NTCOSS leadership team. The Operations Manager will oversee productivity, efficiency and improvement to ensure the organisation is performing to its best potential.
Responsible for the overall well-being of the organisation this position requires a critical thinker who can analyse situations, resolve conflicts, set policies and guidelines and connect groups to work together to solve problems in the organisation’s best interests.
Statement of Duties
- Ensure regulatory compliance and associated systems are maintained (including workplace health and safety)
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures
- Develop budgets and monitor finances, with the support of external bookkeeper and auditor, to maintain audit-ready organisation status
- Management of staff recruitment and orientation and monitoring of staff conditions and remuneration
- Responsibility for organisation workplace health and safety
- Maintenance of IT and communication systems, with support of external IT Manager
- Supervision of the Administration and Membership Engagement Officer positions
- Oversee administration of the NTCommunity on-line directory project
- Assist in reporting to the NTCOSS Board and Funding Bodies
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organisations, businesses and agencies
- Support NTCOSS staff and activities, including events, sponsorship relationships and development opportunities
- Other reasonable duties as required
- Well-developed and current knowledge of the social and community sector in the NT
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice principles, professional ethical standards, and diverse workplaces
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness, operations, financial and staff management and the ability to implement best practices
- Prior experience in a management or leadership position
- A deep understanding of financial management
- Competent use of Microsoft Office 365, WordPress and Mailchimp
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, combined with the willingness to liaise with a wide range of people from varied cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work to deadlines and to set priorities within competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and collaborate effectively
- Relevant tertiary education
- A current NT Working With Children Card and NT driver licence
Applicants are welcome to contact Janine Sims, NTCOSS Deputy CEO via email@example.com using the subject line: Operations Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs or 8948 2665 for further information regarding the position.
A position description is attached.