Classification: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHCADS) Award 2010 Level 6
Above Award $119,370.16 per annum and 10% superannuation ($131,307.18 plus salary packaging total package)
Reports To: Corporate Services Director
Direct Reports: Marketing and Fundraising Assistant/s, Volunteers.
Team: Corporate Services
Key internal contacts Director of Corporate Services, Chief Executive Officer, Media and Government Relations Officer, Director of Clinical Services, Marketing and Fundraising Assistant/s, Volunteers, Administration Officer – Corporate Services, Finance Officer, Advocacy Manager, Training and Counselling Service Managers.
Key external contacts Outsourced Consultants, Funders, Partners
Purpose of the Position
The Marketing and Fundraising Manager is responsible for creating brand awareness and orchestrating a strong strategic and tactical fundraising and marketing program to take Full Stop Australia to the next level.
The Fundraising and Marketing Manager, in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Corporate Services, has responsibility for the fundraising, marketing and communication strategy for Full Stop Australia.
Leading a small team aiming for growth, the Fundraising and Marketing Manager is responsible for ensuring the fundraising and marketing/communications strategies are implemented within budget, on time, and to the highest quality standards to align with our brand as the leading sexual and domestic violence prevention and response organisation in Australia.
Most importantly, the role must ensure ongoing sustainability and drive new growth.
You will be hands-on with overseeing grant writing and reporting, developing and implementing innovative fundraising events (live and virtual), and stakeholder engagement.
You’ll leverage your considerable experience to shape communications and marketing to increase brand recognition and expand our support base.
You will have experience in coaching/managing a small team of fundraising/marketing assistants, so they develop their skills and experience.
With a passion for putting a full stop to sexual domestic and family violence, you enjoy a culture that thrives on inclusion, diversity, professionalism, responsibility and high performance.
- The Marketing and Fundraising Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the development and implementation of Full Stop Australia’s marketing and communications strategy in line with Full Stop Australia’s strategic and business plans and in consultation with the Director of Corporate Services and Chief Executive Officer.
- Creating brand awareness through media and advertising campaigns, event marketing, digital marketing, and other means as required.
- Manage and develop consistent branding, fundraising and communication materials across the organisation.
- Assisting with the implementation of appropriate CRM and finance systems, including ensuring integration with existing fundraising and marketing systems.
- Overseeing the production and distribution of marketing and communication collateral.
- Continuously improving the effectiveness of existing marketing and communication activities.
- The Marketing and Fundraising Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the development and implementation of Full Stop Australia’s fundraising strategy in line with Full Stop Australia’s strategic and business plans and in consultation with the Director of Corporate Services, including through:
- Bequests and major giving initiatives,
- Corporate partnerships and workplace giving,
- Individual and regular giving,
- Trusts, foundations, and philanthropic giving,
- Community fundraising,
- Donor engagement, acquisition and retention.
- Have a creative approach to fundraising and fundraiser/donor engagement, finding creative solutions to engage new fundraisers and reactivating lapsed ones.
- Conducting thorough research to identify new avenues of potential funding
- Telephoning prospective donors to build relationships
- Communicating with new and existing donors
- Provide guidance and leadership on events, community, and individual giving fundraising.
- Increase income generation by identifying and developing new revenue streams whilst maximising existing opportunities, including trusts and foundations, statutory, community, events, and direct campaigns.
- Keeping full financial records and coordinating the allocation of donations with the finance team.
- Supervise, mentor and lead the marketing and fundraising team (staff and volunteers) to deliver on organisational objectives.
- Support and resource the professional growth of employees and volunteers by identifying and responding to training needs as required.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Services Director to promote cohesion and a culture of continuous quality improvement.
- Work together with the Corporate Services Director, funding bodies, corporates and other entities to develop the activities of the organisation to increase its funding base.
The Marketing and Fundraising Manager will also:
- Attend and actively participate in supervision and professional development.
- Comply with the organisation’s performance appraisal policy and procedure and participate in any ensuing professional development.
- Comply with information collection, quality improvement, risk management procedures, record keeping and administrative practices of the organisation.
- Ensure all documentation is concise, legible, secure and available to colleagues within the organisation.
- Abide by workplace practices.
- Comply with the Confidentiality Policy and Copyright Agreement.
- Ensure work practices are ethical and comply with Full Top Australia’s Code of Ethics and the code of the any professional associations of which the employee may be a member.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary and postgraduate qualifications relating to business/marketing.
- Proven success in fundraising, project management, and initiatives to achieve set financial targets and budgets.
- Five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience and success in grant submission writing and acquittal reporting.
- Experience in coaching/managing a small team.
- Sound knowledge of fundraising, digital giving, volunteering, events.
- Excellent speaking, presentation, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in successfully utilising digital platforms content management systems and external fundraising platforms to deliver outcomes.
- Experience working with a donor/customer database to build revenue levels.
- Experience in working with data to evaluate the business activities.
- Creativity and innovative mindset to respond quickly to opportunities.
- Advanced knowledge of the causes and consequences of sexual, family and domestic violence, and the particular issues faced by priority populations.
- Commitment to operating in accordance with an intersectional feminist framework.
- Ability to work cross-culturally.
- Experience in the non-profit sector.
Other requirements of the role:
- Successful applicants will be required to undertake Working with Children and National Criminal Records Checks
- Please note under the Public Health Order 2021 all staff are required to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine or provide evidence of an exemption.
Please direct enquiries to email@example.com, using the subject line: Marketing and Fundraising Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.