- Position: Full Time, Ongoing
- Salary: $62,739 to $67,257 plus Super (based on skills & experience)
- Location: Werribee
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia, employing more than 600 employees and delivering more than 70 programs across Victoria. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
About the role
- The position with be responsible:
- To provide support around case management, such as- relationship and family conflict, criminality, family violence, substance misuse, mental/physical issues, financial stress, unemployment, homelessness/housing issues, isolation/disconnection from family, community and culture
- The assessments and intake which identifies goals and actions, and has a plan developed to address these issues and immediate needs.
- Support around both the programs i.e., Koorie Connect and Emergency relief can be provided over the phone, office based, and outreach supports, inclusive of long-term case management based on the support/case plan. Intake forms will need to be completed and managed to ensure requirements are being met.
- Will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Koorie Connect and the Emergency Relief Programs in the Western and Brimbank/Melton Regions
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the values that underpin VACCA' vision and purpose and the capacity to take a leadership role in championing these internally and externally
- Demonstrated awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures, and commitment to continually build knowledge of such, along with a high level of awareness of the key issues which impact upon Aboriginal communities
- Ensures work practices comply with relevant legislative and/or licensing requirements
- Demonstrable experience in use of technology and software applications effectively in relation to task requirements
- Experience in providing accurate information using forms, case notes, and standard templates appropriate to the task
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description prior to applying. Please click here to view the position description.
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy.